Friday, April 27, 2012

First day on the job 04/25/12

My first day on the job went rather well I believe. I did kind of cut it a little late getting finished, but I don't think I myself should be to blame. My job is a domestic wrapping clerk at the REI(Recreational Equipment Inc.) shipping werehouse in Sumner. My job as a DWC is to be responsible for accurately processing the maxinum number of Direst to Consumer orders without jeopardizing the quality of the packaging. What that means is that plastic creates called totes will come to my station via converyor belt. I then scand the tote into the computor which finds out what should be in it. Now normally to save on space, the totes have these cardbored dividers to seperate each order, but this is not always the case. I scan the iteim(s) from the tote and the computer finds who ordered said iteim(s) and prints me off a label and a recipt. Then I pick either a box or a plastic bag to put the iteim(s) in and sometimes they require a different kind of box and/or bag for priority mail. After picking the box with the right size I then tape the bottom end with a little device that helps me know what length I need. After taping the bottom end, I then put the recipt in first and then put the iteim(s) in. Some iteim(s) require having some packaging paper inside for safty. After putting the order in, I tape the box shut, put the shipping label on, and then I put the package on another convyor belt where it will go to another station. So that is what I did on my first day on the job and hope to do again for another 3 weeks. Below is a picture of my work station followed by a link to REI's website. See you until next week!


No comments:

Post a Comment